Krista Nelson's Blog
The secret to getting up after falling down is not in the legs. Nope, it’s not in the ski poles either. It’s not in the wrist nor the back. The secret to getting up is in your head. Deep in your head. Behind the eyes. Some place south of embarrassment, and north of despair.
Learn this secret and the next time you fall instead of saying, “Oh no! I fell and I can’t get up,” you’ll say, “Ha! I fell and now I can fly!”
1. Record it. Write down what happened. Observing your life and recording your experience is awareness. Awareness is the threshold to recovery.
2. Pay attention to the details. Write down what happened in vivid detail. Ask all your senses for a report. What did the eyes see, the nose smell etc.
3. Be the judge. Admit what you liked and what you did not like in those details. Was it all bad?
4. Be grateful for the experience. Express gratitude. Then write the worst part of the experience the way you wish it had happened.
5. Forget About It. Now, that you are feeling grateful and have explored a happier ending, write down in vivid detail a far better experience, one that has not yet happened and has nothing to do with falling down.
6. Be good to yourself and others and expect what you wrote in #5 to happen soon.
In an upcoming blog I will explore the first secret to getting up – Record it. I know it is easier said than done. I will explain just how important this secret is and how you can make it your own.
Please share this blog and leave your comments below. Also, feel free to contact e for a 30 minute free life skills coaching session. email@example.com
Be a Leader in Your Own Life
Krista Nelson's Blog
4 out of 5 dentists recommend this WordPress.com site
Great advice and yes it is very difficult to get back up. You’re right it’s in the head, everything is in there: successes, failures, jumper cables, starts, stops, all of it.
Sluggishness, doubt, confusion, conflict….don’t I know it. That’s why there are so many motivational speakers and coaches out here. Ha!
Now if we can make friends with our heads….
Awesome post and topic. I love a saying I share…”Let each time we fall make us stronger when we stand back up”. You shared some great thoughts on how we think and what we do when we skin our knees with our experiences. =)